Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Spring's Top Trends: Maxi Skirts

Maxi skirts are quickly becoming one of the most popular trends this season. I for one am definitely jumping on the maxi train as they are not only stylish but they are super functional for the following reasons. 
  • First, a good maxi skirt will keep you cool during the hot summer days and warm for the cool Canadian nights. 
  • Second, although they encompass a lot of material, maxi skirts create the most amazing hour glass figure leaving just enough to the imagination. 
  • Third, there are so many amazing prints out there so your options for the perfect maxi dress will be endless.
Finally, I will leave you with one more tip, make sure you get the right length skirt for your body. If you are going for a floor length make sure it just touches the floor but doesn't drag behind you. If the skirt is a little shorter, go for an ankle length look but be sure that it covers your ankles and wear some super cute shoes/boots to make it look like it is supposed to be that long. So, get out there and find the perfect on for you! I picked up this skirt at Zara and not only is the cut amazing but the print in right on trend! 






Scarf: Club Monaco
Tank: Vintage Club Monaco
Skirt: Zara
Shoes: Handmade in Argentina

Cheers,
Karen




9 comments:

  1. love the print on your maxi! gorgeous summer staple!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. The theme of your blog is very beautiful and the article is written very well, I will continue to focus on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - maxi skirts are so polish. I am maxi skirts maniac. Your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look ! Love the maxi skirt !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, love maxi skirts. Unforunately, I have some pretty crappy psoriosis on my legs, so these skirts allow me to have cute style, stay cool, and not totally gross every one out (sorry if I already have, haha). Love your outfit. You look fantastic in that skirt!
    http://nauticalowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute skirt! Love the maxi trend!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that skirt! I don't have any maxi skirts other than a black one so now...after seeing your post? I have a reason to go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love :)


    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen thanks for your visit to my blog!! I find yours very interesting. Would you like to follow each other???
    BTW lovely skirt!! Long skirts are really flattering and feminine...
    xoxo

    http://misstoptenimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter