Friday, June 01, 2012

Summer Trends: Accessorizing

As I have mentioned numerous times before, my brother is getting married this summer. You may remember that I fell in love with this dress but I finally came to the realization that I couldn't afford it. But not worry, I found another really pretty but basic navy blue silk dress at Club Monaco. And although  navy blue is not really a summer color and it is definitely not the color of the season, I think that a few trendy accessories will give the dress an updated modern look. I actually think that this rule would apply to any classic black or navy blue dress - hence the little black dress that lasts for years and can still turn heads!

The key is to choose accessories that were inspired by one of the major trends of the season. This summer, I have been inspired by desert, Navajo, bohemian chic trend which has an amazing color pallet that often combines blues and corals. And when I saw these amazing Sigerson Morison tangerine shoes at The Block in Vancouver I just knew that they would be the perfect contrast to the navy blue as they will add that little bit of umph that is missing from the dress.







Cheers,

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Ah that drink looks amazing! I also like the Navajo chic trend.. I have been wearing a lot more classic shirts and dresses and stylizing them with trendier pieces. Since I am trying to save money, buying the classic button-downs seem to go a lot further in my closet. Have a wonderful weekend!

    XX Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Hilary!! That drink is a paloma and it is such a refreshing drink made from tequila, soda and grapefruit juice!! A must for the summer!!

    xox,
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are cute! I love flats and im loving coral this season so they are perfect. Where are they from?

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Great shoes!
    Maybe want to follow each other? Let me know on my blog ^^

    XX Tali
    http://hersecondskintali.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wooow, love those flats! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter