Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Corduroy Queen

It has finally warmed up enough to wear skirts again yay!!! I was starting to feel that my wardrobe was being so confined to pants and jeans!

Anyways, this is a skirt that I sewed this fall. I bought the material for $4.00 this summer and although I wasn't quite sure what I was going to make with it, I knew I had to have it. The material is corduroy, which I think is perfect for fall/winter. While the corduroy is ultra modern, the patterned dainty, little roses add that extra bit of antiquity which I love.

The design of the skirt was inspred by a skirt from Steven Alan's fall collection. While I couldn't find the pattern I wanted, I decided to design the skirt by combining two completley different patterns (Burda 7741 and Simplicity 2656) . I think it turned out quite nice and it fits perfectly!!!

I am sure that I will get many wears out of this great skirt!!




Ciao for now,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    just found my way to your blog -nice looking skirt! Happy New Year from all of us *just enjoying my glass(es) of Prosecco, one of my favourites also..*
    Paivi & the Boys from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. My compliment for your blog and pictures included,I encourage you to photoblog

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    Even week another photo album

    Greetings from Italy,

    Marlow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter