Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Hints of Blue!!

There are hints of blue popping up everywhere this season. It seems most of the Spring/Summer lines have at least a bit of blue hidden in the collection!! I am not talking about an overwhelming amount of blue - but just enough to give your outfit a bit of color. 

This outfit was inspired by the hints of blue in Saskatchewan - the clear blue sky and the running water in the creek behind my house!! It seems that since I have been back in Canada, I have been really taken my inspiration from the natural prairie and the people that first settled the land - hence the blue and brown Prairie dress from Dace!! Not only because it is about 30 degrees cooler here than in Mexico, but also because I am surrounded by a completely different setting and the fun loving colors of Mexico just don't seem to fit here! 

What inspires you??? Your friends?? Bloggers??? Your city surroundings?? Hollywood Stars???






Jean Jacket: Gap
Dress: Dace
Scarf: Zara
Earrings: Hand-made in Saskatchewan (Painted blue flower on porcelain)
Tights: American Apparel
Belt: Gap
Boots: Frye

Adios mi Amigas,
Karen

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter