Sunday, January 09, 2011

Hello From Foggy St.John's

After 65 hours of treacherous winter driving and a few pit stops along the way, we have arrived at our final destination of St.John's Newfoundland, Canada. The city of St. John's is located on the Eastern Coast of the Island Province of Newfoundland(AKA: The Rock) on the East Coast of Canada. Although NFL is a Canadian province, it is situated so far away from Western Canada, that we did not actually know that much about the province. However, after arriving a few days ago, we have been pleasantly surprised with the beauty of the rocky landscape and wondrous coastline much resembling that of Ireland!!


While the city of St. John's is not really that large, we are hoping to keep busy with lots of outdoor activities such as surfing (Dominic), hiking, sailing etc. And since we are closer to Reykjavik, Iceland and London, England than we are to Saskatchewan, I am hoping that we can squeeze a few trips into our two year stay on 'The Rock' while Dominic completes his MSc.

Dominic Checking Out the Surf

Since I have only been here a few days, I think it is still too early for me to comment on the local style and fashion trends. I will however say that my outfit posts should be great as the local scenery and landscape is breathtaking. The following photos were taken in a local village, on our Saturday afternoon drive around the Island as we searched out potential surf spots for Dominic. 

I thought the nautical look of this dress (of which I purchased for half price in Toronto), in combination with my new Hunters (of which my lovely sister gave me for Christmas) was a perfect outfit choice for our coastal weekend outing. While I realize this kind of humid, rainy, cool weather calls for a layered look, I think my snood and my double layered tights did a great job of keeping me warm. 






Snood: Joe Fresh
Dress: BCBG
Cuff: H&M
Tights: H&M
Rubber Boots: Hunters

Bye For Now,
Karen

17 comments:

  1. that is quite a great location! perfect outfit, i wish you the best in this new land.

    mermaidnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm so excited to see your outfit photos while you live there! Looks like you will have a great time! These photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the red boots looks good with the striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. black'n'white stripes with red, this is it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for your visit, of course I'm gonna follow you back, because your blog looks really great! I love your outfit, especially the boots <3
    Love, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, you got legs for miles! these shots are my favorite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect dress for the location.. good one! and those red boots add so much oomph to the grey weather! looks great actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos very much!
    Nice blog,let's follow each other?

    www.cookiebyme.blogspot.com

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice pictures! it looks like you've had a great time there! :) those wellies are so cute

    hope you'll visit/follow
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. that place looks lovely :) i hate you for being able to wear horizontal stripes and still looking so absolutely thin!!!:)

    xx
    heyrocketgirl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! the striped dress with the wellies, your practical but cute hair, the location: it all works perfectly! fashion meets function!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aah I love your blog! That is the cutest nautical outfit :) I am now following you- please don't hesitate to check out my blog at http://chocolatelegobricks.blogspot.com/

    <1 <2 <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your dress!! I like your blog a lot, I will follow you from now on :) I would love it if you would follow me too on bloglovin / google friend connect.

    www.givelivelovelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter