Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gardening Chic

If there is one thing I absolutely love about my little house on the praire, it is my garden. There is something so gratifying about planting the seeds, watering them, nurturing them, and finally harvesting the produce.

There are so many advantages to growing your own garden. First, you have the choice to decide whether you would like to use organic seeds and also the ability to not apply chemicals, the combination of which will result in produce that is way more organic than the produce you can buy in the store and for a fraction of the price. Second, you will know exactly how your food was grown and where it came from. Third, since most of the food in Canadian grocery stores comes from the sourthern states, Mexico or even South America, you will save our environment by not buying foods that have been trucked in from far away and emit tons of pollutants along the way. Fourth, many of the people producing our foods in Mexico, Canada and the Unites States are not paid fair wages and work in unsafe conditions. By growing your own food you can protest their inhumane working conditions. And finally, it is fun!!! The benefits are endless so if you have the space and have never tried it, I suggest you do!!!

Even though I know that nobody is watching, I love wearing pretty sundresses while I work in my garden. This would be my ultimate gardening outfit this summer!!! Lots of bright colors, lots of flowers and of course the Alex Monroe Bird pendent for that little bit of nature's inspiration!

Garden Chic


Dress: Topshop
Clogs: Swedish Hasbeens
Flower Hair Accessory: Kate Spade
Floral Earrings: Tillys.com
Necklace: Alex Monroe
Sunhat: Melissa Odobash
watering can: Crate and Barrel

Love,
Karen

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the dress! topshop never fails!

    XO Hilary Nicole
    http://thehippinista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is beautiful! :)
    nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love gardening too, it is so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden sounds so wonderful!

    I'm pretty easy to please, the only things I care about growing are tomatoes and basil... yum.

    Love the little humming bird necklace - so cute!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable. i so wish the rain would cease for just a bit so i could actually work to get our garden in. i just don't think it's going to happen again this year. sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working in the garden too! Cute outfit!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that outfit is truly cute


    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is adorable! I'm dreaming of the day when I live in a place with a little plot of land where I can garden. Living in the city is great, but apartments just don't have enough green space.

    Love your blog, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter