Monday, April 18, 2011

Little Jack Horner.......

I hope that everybody had a wonderful weekend!! As per usual, our weekend was packed full of activity - friends, food, homework and even a hike!! I did however manage to squeeze in some time for baking and I made this delicious plum flan!! Although I am not particularly concerned with my figure, it is an old favorite from my sister's low fat cook book! So if you are interested in making some delicious summer flan, the recipe is below!!

Summer Plum Flan Recipe

Ingredients:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup soft butter
2 eggs
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon fresh orange or lemon rind
1/4 cup milk
2 cups halved pitted fresh plums

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
1.Cream together sugar and butter
2.Beat in eggs, beat well
3.Combine flour, baking power and rind
4.Beat into egg mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour and 2 of milk
5.Put batter into greased 10 inch springform pan or a 9 inch square baking dish
6.Arrange plums, cute side down, in circles on top, gently press into batter
7.Combine topping - sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle over fruit.
8.Bake in 350 degrees (180 C) oven 45-55 minutes

It should only take about 20 minutes to prepare and I promise it will be delicious! Let me know how it turns out if you do decide to make it!!

XOX,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. I received the necklace! Thanks so much, I did an outfit post on it so stop by and see!

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks soo yummu:) I should try to make it one day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay, look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks good. I checked out Rachel's blog. the necklace looks great.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, I need to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those rings are gooooorgeous! so delicate and pretty. i love your blog! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter