Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring's Top Trends: Pleated Skirts

At first I wasn't sure what I thought about this whole pleated skirt trend. Especially when my husband told me that they look like old lady skirts. But I think these pictures are definitely evidence of the pleated skirt's youthful sex appeal.Plus, there are so many different varieties of pleated skirt, the sheer skirt, the short skirt, the long skirt, the flowy skirt and finally the structured skirt. The options are endless and I for one, have decided that I one want to add one of these lovely skirts to my wardrobe. Well, actually I ordered a black one from Topshop but that was almost a month ago and I still haven't received it. I am sure that I will love it when  it does arrive, however I now wish that I would have ordered a colored one like the pastel green skirt below. I love it!!





Photos via: 1, 2, 3

Love, 
Karen

14 comments:

  1. The knee length ones are cute. I agree it does give the pleated skirt a more youthful look. Of course my favorite is the nude skirt, grey t-shirt outfit. Can't wait to see how you style yours from TopShop :)
    xo-AlbeeLucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love! These are so beautiful!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are totally cool.. though i can see how a guy wouldn't agree, haha! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so lovely! I think the second outfit and skirt is my little fave! Great post, thanks for sharing dear. Keep up your good work! :)


    Kisses,
    _______________________________
    CHRISTINAKEY.BLOGSPOT.COM
    _______________________________

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am loving the pleated skirt trend! i need to join it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the key is in how you style it. I would fail. Epically. I daren't even try! Looking forward to seeing yours.
    http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I love the 3rd one, so pretty and definitely chic!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the pleated skirt look, and i especially love the green one in the first image. i wish it was mine!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes yes yes))) low color looks amazing)))
    I wish to get quickly ordered a skirt)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love these! I so want to add one to my closet - i'm crazy about the minty green color as well!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your sweet comment!! Hoorah for Canadian bloggers! I am SO in love with this style of skirt! I have a black one right now but really want to add some lighter colors in this style to wear through the summer! So feminine & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a guy, and I think women wearing plated skirts look Super Sexy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a guy, and I think women wearing plated skirts look Super Sexy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter