Monday, April 26, 2010

Christmas in April???

WTF??? I woke up this morning and looked outside only to find everything covered in a white fluffy blanket of snow - it looked like it was Christmas!!  So much for the endless summer that I have been ranting about!!! But I am going to be positive about the whole thing as I am sure it will all melt away in a few days - at least I hope so!!

In spite of the stormy snow conditions I decided to brave the cold with the outfit that I had chosen with a sunny day in mind, as I chose my outfit based on these shoes. I was really excited to wear them because I didn't have them along with me in Mexico- it was kind of like saying hi to an old friend. Plus, I threw together this bow to match the shoes (it literally took me two minutes to make it and fasten it to a headband so I think I will be making alot of them in the future). Anyways, as soon as I stepped outside I realized that maybe the shoes were a bad idea - ok terrible!! It was freezing outside - but I am Canadian - I can brave the cold and I think the pictures turned out fabulous with the light of snow!

I like the contrast between the boyfriend blazer and t-shirt with the ultra feminine red bow and shoes

My Home-made bow!!
My attempt to stay warm!!

Blazer: Club Monaco
T-shirt: American Apparel
Jeans: Zara
Shoes: Zara
Headband: Home-made
Necklace- Long: Vintage
Necklace- Short: Pyrrah

Ciao for now,
Karen

7 comments:

  1. lol, gotta love Canada. Mother Nature always has to mess with you one last time when you think Winter's over with. We got ours about a week or so ago. Made a great background for your pics though. Love the outfit, especially with the bow and the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you look adorable! Love the homemade headband. Your toes musta been chilly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God I can't believe it's still snowing.
    I love your haircut and your outfit.
    Stop by http://memyselfandshoes.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a former Chicago gal, so I advocate the wearing of open-toe shoes despite all weather conditions. =)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, snowed here this morning too...and I had just mouthed off yesterday with some friends about how I couldn't believe that we might actually get spring now. Ridiculous.
    LOVE that you rebelled with some open toes. Great look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i can't believe it's snowing where you live...in april! that's crazy. although, it did snow where i live a couple years ago in april also. so i know how you feel!

    thanks for commenting on my blog. it really means a lot! i got my lavender nailpolish from forever 21 for just $2.80! they have a lot of other pretty colors too. you should check it out.

    xoxo
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... Welcome to Canada right?
    NO WAYYYYYYY :D
    XXX

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter